Sunday, March 25, 2012

Journey in Starwood - Le Meridien Kuala Lumpur

Elo~It's weekend! Well, just got back from dinner at daddy's place with lecturer, Mr. Wong Heng San and Sabrina, and few juniors from Indonesia. Nice chat with all of them, shared about my working life, and their France Trip. Oh I miss my France Trip seriously!!It's been a year ago, and now I'm working after a year. Time really flies!! I've asked Mr. Wong to save a place for me if he's going for France Trip again next year. Sir, remember you've promised me ah~ Slot me in if possible!

These are what we ordered for 8 pax!

Before got into our cars, snap first;)

Alright, back to the topic. I drove to hotel on Monday morning. After some forms filling up in HR department, I was brought to Sales department to meet my colleagues. They are Janny(DOSM), Suresh(DOS), Retna(DOS Meetings & Events), Nikie(ADOS), Damian (ODM), Vinnie (ODE), Ann(AM), Lanise(SAM), four Meetings & Events Executives - Chereene, Azian, Ellise, and Kelly, sales coordinator on events side - Genevieve and the trainee Yun Sze, and another sales coordinator on rooms side - Shelyn. Ta-da!!They're all my lovely colleagues but too bad, Shelyn is leaving us to Hyatt, and we had a farewell dinner for her on Friday night after work. 


My notebook with Le Meridien's logo & my Employee ID

I started picking up the tasks slowly. Learnt how to do proposal and corporate rate at the beginning, and pick up calls for inquiries. First and second day was quite free cuz I'm still new, able to got back home early:) It's been a long while I didn't get to see sky in bright when finished work! Reached home and finished dinner early, so I get to go on to bed early as well;)But this happened again - I was using hp to online on Tuesday night, and don't know how I left it with WiFi ON and fell asleep! Woke up around 2.20am, shocked when I saw my hp with WiFi still on. Sigh, this is not my first time-.- 

Took LRT to work on Wednesday and Thursday, feeling so nice cuz I don't need to drive, don't need to stuck in terrible traffic! It's really convenient cuz when I came out from KL Sentral, hotel is just opposite. The only thing is I'm still not very familiar in doing proposals, so I'm very slow. If I have 3 to 4 proposals have to be sent out on the same day, definitely I would need to stay back. Normally a proposal just need to spend not even an hour to be done, but I'm just very slow enough cuz not very familiar. Now forcing myself to do it more faster, have to do more and familiarize with the system. And I can feel the motivation, a secret power that pushing me to move on. That's good cuz I can't feel motivation when I was in JWM. Maybe I made the right decision?

So I'm part of Starwood now. Gonna keep my finger crossed, I can pick up all my works fast, and get promoted in a year!

No comments: