Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tears Again for 'The Hippocratic Crush'

Hong Kong dramas are my favourite since kindergarten, among those Singapore's, China's...Well, affected by my father:) He used to rent those dramas in video tape (VCD or DVD still not known yet), so can say that Hong Kong dramas have been accompanied me since my immature period. Like few of these very hit ealier on: 'Heart of Greed', 'Moonlight Resonance', Series of 'Forensic Heroes', 'Lives of Omission'......

Well, there are now 2 dramas showing on Astro On Demand (AOD), 'The Hippocratic Crush' & 'Queens of Diamond and Hearts'. 'The Hippocratic Crush' is a drama all about doctors while 'Queens of Diamond and Hearts' is a comedy revised from history, but 'The Hippocratic Crush' able to catch my eyes due to the actors casting. 


Tavia Yeung and Kenneth Ma are one of my favourite hk actors, and they are the main characters in 'The Hippocratic Crush'. Both of them have been partnered in few dramas like 'A Fistful of Stances' and 'The Mysteries of Love', but acting lovers is the first time. The first thing I got attracted was because of the casting, after that the stories, how the plot goes were catching my eyes to watch it every day.



TVB has few of the dramas about doctors, about how they gonna save people, why they wanna be a doctor. What so special about the story in 'The Hippocratic Crush' is, 'The greater of ability, the greater of responsibility'. The person who has stronger ability, the heavier responsibilities he/she has in the society than most of the people. The doctor's responsibility is to save or cure the patient, but actually doctor also serving other identity concurrently, such as father, son or daughter, brother and etc. When the character overlaps, the identity has conflicts, the doctor may be lost. They can only carry on the responsibilities of saving life when they found the direction and goals.

Beginning of the story was few of the young people went into the same hospital as basic trainees for their training, and they experienced different things in different sections. There was an episode that everyone is graduating, but one of them not willing to stay as a doctor because his ambition is to open a workshop. Its like me, beginning I was in the hotel for training, and I experienced different things in different department. And I was willing to teach after my previous job. The doctor after that understood that if he gives up to be a doctor, there will be short of one doctor to save lives in the world. 

It was the 22nd episode last night, the role of Kenneth's (Yat Kin) brother, Yat Hong died because of accident. Before that Yat Kin was operating surgery for the brother, but end up still failed. Yat Kin was blaming himself for causing his brother's dead, the accident few years ago caused him handicapped, and because he's handicapped he's unable to avoid the glass bottle after he saved an old man from that glass bottle. The scene touched my heart and, my tears out......


Yat Kin blaming himself for failed to save his brother, Yu Zai consoling him.

This drama makes me realized that actually doctor's carrying a very heavy responsibility because they're holding their patient's life. Once mistake made they will be no more second chance, as there is no take two for life. In hotel line, decision making is very important as well. Once mistake has been made, it could be affecting the whole operation and the business. 

The next thing I concern is their relationships. Yu Zai has a crush on Yat Kin at the beginning, and she confesses to him incidently. But Yat Kin wasn't accepted her as he treats her just like friends, good friends. Yu Zai sends him a card everyday, writing all her mood, what she sees during her work everyday. Yat Kin read all the cards, and started fall to her, after she got his brother a 'stand-up wheel chair'. Meanwhile, Yu Zai's sister Mei Shuet has fallen to Yat Kin as well. Yu Zai started to keep distance and avoid Yat Kin, and denies she still has feeling with Yat Kin because of her sister. This blog actually similar to the cards sent by Yu Zai to Yat Kin, it records my feelings, my mood, what I experienced in the days, but I have no any specific person to read this. Not I don't have, but don't know whether will he read my blog? This blog created to write down my feelings, my mood, anything of me, to let people know me better, understand me better. I'm kind of not good in expressing, even if I admiring a person, I would just hide and not telling, so writing will be the best expression for me.

Anyway, 'The Hippocratic Crush' is going to the end of the story in 3 more episodes. Guess that everyone is guessing how would be the final episode goes? Heard that the 2 main characters is confirmed to start their love story, but no idea how the plot will go. Just hope it will be a happy ending. Just like me, hoping for a happy ending.

No comments: